Do not miss, if you’re stopping by the Landes, from 1st of april until 21st of june, there is the “Printemps des Landes”, a big seasonal event, with no less than 1200 dates scheduled, all over the Landes! Enjoy for instance a surf initiation at 19€ in every surf school of the Landes! More informations here!
Do not miss !
The coast line in Gironde :
With our various partners in multiple activities, playful and sports you can discover the region while enjoying
Note also the various demonstrations(appearances):
- On 6th and 7th of May: Triathlon. Do you want to running, swimming and cycling? Go to Tri’events Médoc
- From 12th to 20st August: Lacanau Pro, THE surf contest of Lacanau!
Carcans – Maubuisson :
- From april 15th to 17th, the 28th Cata Sud-Ouest et Coupe Granchamp, the first regatta of the season, on the Carcans – Maubuisson lake
- May 1st at 9:00 am: participating in the Bike Rally – 12.5 km cycling or rollerblading and 5 kms walk with meals included. Departure from the Bugade room in Carcans.
- April the 15th and 16th, here is the food and handcraft fair, to tickle your taste buds!
Arcachon Bassin :
Discover the Bassin differently, in sail, in kite surf, in stand-up paddle, on horseback, in helicopter … so many ways to discover with fun
- Treasure hunt to be made in family: ” On Robin’s tracks “. A playful moment to discover the city, the Tourist Center delivers free notebook of strolls.
- Do not miss the stroll with a fisherman or an oyster farmer to live on the inside their life.
- Near Andernos, discover Arès, a very nice little town along the “Bassin d’Arcachon”
- Pyla Dune : down from the highest dune of Europe, you will be entitled to an unforgettable panorama on the Bay of Arcachon, the forest from the Landes, the ocean and in clear weather, Pyrenees.
Must do : settle down in the Co(o)rniche Restaurant to savor a glass in front of an awasome view on the Arguin bench !
- Birds Island : from Arcachon or Cap Ferret, embark to visit the mythical island of Pascal Obispo’s song. Solid and proud, huts built on stits wait for you there.
- May the 21st: L’Arcachonnaise, THE lady trail, for every ladies!
- June the 24th and 25th: the obstacles race, the adren-addict of Arcachon
- From july the 25th to august the 3rd, do not miss the musical event of Arcachon, Arcachon en Scène!
Le Cap Ferret :
- May the 8th, the “foulée des Baïnes”, an epic 20 km race from le Cap Ferret to le grand Crohot beach, open to everybody.
- From july 7th to 14th, the “Cap Ferret Musique Festival”, with its open air concerts of classic music!
- From august the 4th to the 6th, the “fêtes de la Presqu’île”, to celebrate the oyster along the bassin d’Arcachon, at Claouey.
- From august the 13th to 15th, the famous “Fête de la Mer”, at Canon.
- The 19th and 20th of august, the lighthouse’s evening, a magical moment!
Le Teich :
- Do not miss the St Jean fountain quack.
- The Leyre’s Delta, is a natural site under protection so that live wild spaces appropriate to protect the flora and fauna of the Pond. Get down the Leyre in canoe is a to do of the region. The one that we also nickname small the Amazon so much the atmospheres and the colors evoke other latitudes there
- The Bird sanctuary, the European natural site is the park not to be missed
-Next upcoming dates
- From july 14th to 16th, Music O Teich, an open air festival with musics, concerts and handcraft shops!
- In October, participate to an introductory weekend Ornithology, 14th and 15th
- From june the 23rd to 25th, Country ô Lake, at la Magdeleine Lake, for country lovers, to feel like in a western movie!
- From august 10th to 13th, Gujan en Fête, with open air parties, bandas and fireworks!
- August the 27th, a trail race “pilat-gujan”, open to everyone, on a nice forests to beaches track!
The Estuary :
Good reasons for discovering the North Gironde and the Charente:
- The big festive gatherings :
- September the 9th: the Marathon du Médoc
- The intimacy of ports, swamps and islands :
Between July and September, islands and banks of the estuary offer an intimist frame to ” History(Story) of islands ” :
- The Cordouan’s lighthouse, from Saint-Georges-de-Didonne in La Palmyre,
- Ile d’Aix, Île de Ré or Ile d’Oléron are small paradises to be discovered,
- Talmont-sur-Gironde, the peninsula where it well makes get lost itself even if you will not arrive there because the tour need to be done walking.
- The beauty of the sport :
- Pauillac, in September, disguised, 9000 participants, whom maybe you, can appreciate the sport as much as the gustative aspect, in the Marathon of the Médoc,
- Discover the forest of the Curve, its cycle track travels all the forest on about twenty kilometers between Palmyre and Ronce-les-Bains and numerous walks for small and big sportsmen is marked out leaving a big freedom.
- Vineyards and heritage :
- Médoc: Open House by appellation Médoc side or Blayais side or on the land of Cognac, many prestigious or small independent wine chateaux open their cellars,
- The citadels of Blaye and Bourg, historical heritage linking in Camp In Van by road of the Corniche Fleurie to discover its habitats.
- The “Route des Châteaux”, from Macau to St Vivien de Médoc will let you discover some of the most beautiful chateaux in the Bordeaux wine region.
- Brouage, a small fortified village with a rich history offers wonderful monuments.
- Mornac sur Seudre, this former fishing and trading port is ranked one of the “Plus Beaux Villages de France”.
- The Park of the Estuary at St George de Didonne, the best way to spend a nice and fun family time
- The good tips : Treat yourself to an ice cream at Lopez in Royan !
The vineyard area :
Between Médoc, Saint-Emilion, Fronsac, Pessac-Léognan, Entre-deux-Mers, Côtes de Blaye-Bourg, Saint-Emilion, Pomerol, Côtes de Castillon … The vineyards to explore is big. Many chateaux are waiting for tastings and heritage discovery.
- There is also the Candal’s Castle in St Laurent des Combes and Chateau St Clair in Puisseguin
- The good tips : in Saint Emilion, there is the vineyard but don’t forget the monolithic church.
- In September : the “ban des vendanges” of la Jurade
Les Landes :
- A fun and family stop in Labenne, have fun at the zoo or tree climbing tour
- Anglet, do not miss the “Chambre d’Amour” beach and take a sit to enjoy wonderful cocktails at the bar tapas Kostaldea, you do not forget the view!
- Natural sites for a relaxing and unforgettable walks in the “Réserve Naturelle de l’Etang Noir” in Seignosse, the Natural Reserve of the “Marais d’Orx” or the “Courant d’Huchet”.
- Les Landes, from ocean to land, many villages: Peyrehorade, Hastingues, Sorde l’Abbaye, Montfort en Chalosse, Saint-Sever, Tarnos, Seignosse, Dax, Vieux Boucau, Préchacq les Bains in … .. charming, relaxing and comforting, full of history and activities.
-Do not forget to stroll around the lake of Hossegor, and without playing the paparazzi, admire the house of some celebrities. 5 750 m long, this beautiful promenade is only for pedestrians, architecturally rich where you learn through the various panels about the marine lake, birds, fish, oyster, literary history Hossegor …
- From august 24th to 27th, the Newave festival, a pop-up lifeplace, all about the surfing lifestyle!
- From September 1st to 3rd: Latinossegor
- From October 7th to 18th: Quiksilver Pro at Seignosse
The Basque country :
- At the “Hotel du Palais”, in the heart of Biarritz, do not deprive yourself of a drink at the piano bar, you will not forget the view but remember to avoid shorts and flip flops! After discovering the “Rocher de la Vierge” (Rock of the Virgin) of course!
- Embark on the little train of Rhune, this authentic collector cogwheel train dating from 1924, at 905 meters, you will discover the legendary summit of the Basque Country, which dominates the horizon, the French and Spanish coasts and the Pyrenees as well.
- In Hendaye, treat yourself to a boat trip to Hondarribia, the old walled city is based on a promontory overlooking the estuary, facing France. Traditional fishing port, its beach on the estuary is very popular. Do not forget to go up to Mount Jaizkibel to have a stunning view on the “Golfe de Gascogne”!
- Each village in the Basque Country has its own “Pelote Basque” playground . Do not miss a game!
- Get away on the “La Corniche Basque” road, on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean and admire the views.
- Discover the underworld either the caves of Betharram, Sare or Isturitz and Oxocelhaya
- The Basque Country is full of natural attractions, thereby, feel free to drive further to see the Ossau montains, ancient volcano or the circus of Lescun in the Aspe valley, the pit of Pierre-Saint-Martin and Karstic massif, the Cave of Harpéa …
- Abbadie’s Castle-observatory, is an enchanting place, perched on the steep cliffs of Hendaye, built between 1864 and 1879.
- Among the villages, do not miss:
Itxassou, famous for its black cherry, bordering the waters of the Nive. His seventeenth century church is worth seeing with its galleries on three floors and carved wood.
Cambo-les-Bains and its spa Art Deco style including Villa Arnaga and its French gardens are a masterpiece. Every year in October, chocolate and Basque cake are celebrated.
Espelette, famous for its red peppers, on every houses appears white facades decorated with red peppers garlands at the end of the summer.
Souraïde, small pastoral village at the bottom of Mount Baïgurra, Louhossoa.
- In the Basque country, pamper yourself! Between Hydrotherapy, spa or thalassotherapy, to each his desire!
- Good tips: In the heart of Old Bayonne, treat yourself to a gelato at Lucile and Thierry’s! “Gelati Shop” manufactures ice cream whom even children recognize “the true strawberry” with which it is manufactured.
The brittany :
An abundance of Brittany landmarks combine beauty and gratuity. The pink granite coast, Mont Saint-Michel Bay, the Gulf of Morbihan are all spectacular natural sites that are worth the trip. On the Heritage side, cities with remarkable architecture abound: the walls of Saint Malo, the timber-framed houses in Dinan, the walled town of Concarneau …
- Give yourself a Britain experience:
Enjoy your holidays offering yourself original activities. Meet the passionate Britanny people who desires to share with you their world. Storytelling walk in the “Monts d’Arrée”, discover the bigouden coast, the Broceliande magic with Lady Nora or the “longe-côte”, pick your favourite moment.
- Cap on the islands for a change of scenery at lower cost:
Belle-Ile, the “île aux grenats”, the “île aux fleurs”… the island territories with enchanting names and it is a big change of scenery. 12 Britain islands are just a few nautical miles away and you can enjoy spectacular scenery, walks, picnics on the beach …
- The good tip : the “blockhaus” of “la pointe du Grouin”, home to a threatened species of bat.
- Visit Britain is to explore different areas:
History & Heritage
Brittany has great heritage and rich history: castles, fortified towns, churches, museums, cities of art and history, megaliths alignments … so many sites to explore alone or with a guide.
Parks and gardens
English daydream or French elegance, maze of greenery or unusual floral park, you will find in Brittany Parks and gardens in which is good to walk around through the seasons, with family or friends.
Impressionism, surrealism, contemporary art … In Brittany you will enjoy exhibition spaces and art museums to visit without moderation!
Bring your family to meet many animals in various zoos and aquariums in Brittany.
Science and Industry
To the extent traditional and innovative skills of Britains today, please visit the many industrial and scientific places that are open to you.
- Major events not to be missed in Brittany:
- May 13th to 21th, everywhere in Brittany are celebrated the “fêtes de la Bretagne”
- From july 13th to 16th, the inevitable festival “les Vieilles Charrues” of Carhaix
- From august the 4th to 13th, the so famous “Festival Interceltique de Lorient”!
- From december the 6th to the 10th, the “Transmusicales” of Rennes, the key event for the new musics!
The apps you will need in your pocket !
France passion : www.france-passion.com
France Passion, welcoming Camp in Van at 1 800 winemakers, artisans and farmers in France … Your most beautiful stages in Camp In Van!
Of course, we signed the agreement for you: Camp In News
First exchanges really appreciated by our travelers in 2014!
Park 4 night : park4night.com
With Park4night find and share the places you liked to relax, spend the night, have a picnic or clear your head.
Campe dans mon jardin : www.campedansmonjardin.com
Campe Dans Mon Jardin offers to campers a friendly form of camping, in addition to wild camping or accommodation in professional structures. The aim of the service is to link the garden owners with campers in finding accommodation.